February 2nd, 2013 by admin
There’s nothing fun about fleas and if you don’t believe me, just go ask your pet! Fleas are tiny parasites that invade the skin of animals, biting and sucking on blood when they do. Hundreds of flea bites can be given to your dog in any given day, bringing the most irritation his way. If that were not enough there are also other dangers associated with fleas, making it even more imperative to buy Frontline Plus ASAP! You can provide your furry friend with immediate itch relief with the use of this flea treatment product while also killing fleas and preventing them for a full 30 days of time.
The Flea Facts
Here are a few interesting flea facts that you may enjoy knowing.
- Fleas jump from one spot to another. They have a span of about 8 inches, over 150 times its own height!
- As tiny as they are you might not realize it, but fleas have six legs
- It takes a flea nothing more than a nanosecond to disappear from your site
- A flea typically lives for about 100 days
- Fleas can cause multiple bites each day
- During their lifetime fleas can produce as many as 500 offspring!
- Fleas live on blood
- Fleas are most commonly found on dogs, cats, rats and rodents
- Flea Saliva is an Allergan that can cause allergic reactions in both pets and humans
Treating Fleas Quickly Is Important
Now that you’ve learned a bit about fleas it is time to discover why it is so important to treat your dog against them. Once per month is all it takes when you use Frontline Plus as your flea treatment.
Not only are fleas responsible for most cases of dog tapeworm, they also carry many diseases that can be transmitted to your pet. They are most known for spreading Bubonic Plague. Anemia can also result from fleas and your pet may develop a form of dermatitis as the result of these tiny critters.
Don’t forget when treating your pet for fleas it is also important to treat your home as well. Fleas like living on dogs but they also can jump into towels, comforters, blankets, carpets, cushions and sofas. Without proper treatment the fleas will still be there with all of their dangers and annoyances to your pet.
Vacuum the carpet and find a product designed for use inside of your home when you treat your pet. You can do this and ensure that fleas are not a problem in your life any longer.